Two lectures on Saturday, October 13:
"The New Restless Sleeper Sleep Disorder Designation"
"Pediatrics PAP Titrations"
Lourdes Del Rosso MD is a pediatric sleep physician (Seattle Children's Hospital) and Associate Professor in the department of Pediatrics at the University of Washington School of Medicine.
Her specialty is rooted in pediatric sleep medicine, with special interests in education, clinical care and research. She is actively involved with the AASM and contributes internationally to sleep medicine education in Latin America.
Del Rosso's research interests focus on both restless sleep and the negative consequences of untreated sleep disorders.
This year alone, Del Rosso has published research in several publications addressing pediatric sleep:
- "Transient Central Sleep Apnea Runs Triggered by Disorder of Arousal in a Child" (with Martin, Marcos & Ferri) in Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (May 2018)
- "Restless Sleep Disorder in Children: A Pilot Study on a Tentative New Diagnostic Category" (with Bruni & Ferri) in Sleep (May 2018)
- "Sleep disorders in children with incidental pineal cyst on MRI: a pilot study" (with Martin, Bruni & Ferri) in Sleep Medicine (May 2018)
- "Systolic Blood Pressure Elevation in Children with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Is Improved with Positive Airway Pressure Use" (with King & Ferri) in Journal of Pediatrics (April 2018)
- "A not so incidental finding in a 12-year old with sleepiness and headaches" (with Martin & Ferri) in Sleep Medicine (March 2018)
- "Leg Movement Activity during Sleep in School-Age Children and Adolescents: A Detailed Study in Normal Controls and Subjects with Restless Legs Syndrome and Narcolepsy Type 1" (with Ferri, Aricò, Zucconi, et al.) in Sleep (January 2018)